VW fox for sale/parting out...

Anyone need a VW Fox for a daily driver, parts, etc?

Well.. here's one for you! I have 1 1988 VW fox with 96K original miles on the original engine and transmission. This car is a 2 owner, originally from florida, it's been kept up fairly well. Oil has been changed every

3,000 miles The engine does not hesitate, or sputter, or otherwise fail. Car turns over with minimal effort, and has run like a champ since I've had it. A/C blows ICE cold. Front brakes are new, tires are new, new clutch cable, spark plugs, wires, rotor, dist. cap. Brand NEW Bosch Starter($100 part alone) etc. The car has a clear Indiana title.

As for what's wrong with it. The car was originally supposed to be for friends of ours who were w/o a car, but they backed out of getting it, so we took it out of the shop and tried a DIY to get the linkage into alignment. So, after many unsuccessful attempts, I was not able to re-align the shifter linkage correctly. The shifter and linkage have been completely rebuilt, and it should all come together, but I'm at my wits end. The car currently only goes into gears 2, 3, and 4. Since the linkage is out of alignment, it also won't see reverse.(I took this to the local edward's transmission guys in indianapolis, and they verified this for me, and quoted me 2 hrs. of labor to fix it(at 60/hr). There is also some body damage to the driver's side(and a little rust) of the vehicle due to someone scraping up against it on 38th st in february. Anyway, this vehicle is taking up space that i don't have, and I'm willing to sell it at a loss, or part it out.. whichever comes first.

I'll take $550.00 for it in full.(email me for photos)

I will also part it out piece by piece, but I will not remove the engine block or transmission for you. Shipping on these items would almost be more than what they're worth. You will have to come do this yourself.

Please contact me at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com if you're interested!

Reply to
LC