auto to manual conversion

I have a 2000 VW Golf GL 2.0 auto and im interested in doin a manual conversion. If anyone knows how much it would cost for this precedure and what parts i would need please let me know! Thanks, Brandon

Reply to
Brandon

Besides all the normal stuff you may need another engine ECU if the part numbers are difference from std to auto.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

A salvaged or parts car is your best bet. You need engine wiring harness, CPU, axles, clutch & cable, trans mount/s, pedals, shifter:housing & linkages, thats about it. I did a conversion like this on a 96 Jetta. I got everything for $250.00 from a salvaged one on the paper. If posible try to get the computer from the same car you got the trans but you can use another same year. Hope this helps!

Reply to
RookieTech