Best and Worst Looking VW's of all time

That's why this one is in the best looking group.

Tom Levigne

LOL. I'm not sure that I like this list. Only 1/3 of the VWs I've owned made the Best list, and my current ride it on the Worst list. :-(

-=- Tom

Reply to
Tom D

This is a pretty good list but here's one you missed: Old crew cab pickup truck with drop sides based on old bus. Now this one was beautiful.

Also there was a VW pickup truck with a one piece body based on a rabbit but not sure what the name of this was.

Reply to
Strudelsmith

Rabbit pickup in North America, "Caddy" most everywhere else. it's still made in South Africa and the Caddy name has been assigned to a new vehicle and it's now just called "Pickup".

Matt B.

In the US, it was simply called the VW Pickup, IIRC.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

OK, here's the final final revised list: (I added VW pickup which is very ugly but of course still not as ugly as a Fox Also looked at some Karman Ghia's on line which actually weren't quite as ugly as I earlier thought.)

Best (best on top):

  1. Newest Scirocco
  2. A4 Golf and GTI
  3. A4 Jetta
  4. Corrado
  5. A5 Golf and GTI
  6. New Beetle
  7. Oldest Bus
  8. A2 Jetta
  9. 412 and 411
10 A2 Golf and GTI
  1. Phaeton
  2. Older Scirocco
  3. A1 Golf and Rabbit and GTI
  4. Passat
  5. Vanagon and Polo (tie)
  6. Newest Bus
  7. Lupo

Worst (from ulgliest to less ugly but all are still ugly):

  1. Fox
  2. VW Pickup
  3. Old crew cab pickup truck with drop sides based on old bus.
  4. Thing
  5. Squareback
  6. Middle age Bus
  7. A5 Jetta
  8. Toureg
  9. A3 Golf and Jetta and GTI
  10. Old Beetle
  11. Kharman Ghia
  12. Dasher

Reply to
Tom Levigne

I just thought of a VW that's not on your list. The Karmann Ghia was a Type I vehicle, as was the Beetle. The Squareback, which is also on your ugly list, is a Type III vehicle. There was also a Type III Karmann Ghia. At the local Vintage Grand Prix and car show a couple years ago, I snapped a few pics of a Type III Karmann Ghia. I think it is the only one I've ever seen. I think its a sweet looking car, but then I like most of the air-cooled vehicles on your ugly list. I uploaded the pictures here:

-=- Tom

Reply to
Tom D

My neighbor 'cross the street has one of these ... well, I think so anyway, it's diesel and not all shiny green with kewl wh33lZ and roll bars and stuff, LOL ... and he's been kind enough to allow it to haul the occasional load of compost for us. The only distance I've driven it is across the street after hosing down the bed.

But it mostly stays in his garage and the shiny new (green) Passat is the one he keeps out on the street. :-D

Reply to
Kelly Humphries

My votes go...

Best

Corrado Scirroco Mk2 Polo Mk2 Classic Scirroco Mk1 Golf Mk4 hatch Bora Caddy Mk1 Golf Mk1 late Golf Mk2 Passat Mk2 early

Worst

Golf Mk3 Golf Mk5 Vento Passat Mk4 Golf convertibles

Reply to
ovalking