Best and Worst Looking VW's of All Time....

Best and Worst Looking VW's (updated, complete, and factually correct list)

Best (best on top):

  1. Newest Scirocco (around 1985-87 models)
  2. A4 Golf and GTI and R32
  3. A4 Jetta (Bora here in Canada)
  4. Corrado
  5. A5 Golf and GTI
  6. Eos (new convertible sports car)
  7. New Beetle
  8. Oldest Bus
  9. A2 Jetta (Vento in Europe)
  10. 412 and 411 (except fastback)
11 A2 Golf and GTI
  1. Phaeton and Caravelle (tie)
  2. Older Scirocco
  3. Passat
  4. A1 Golf (Rabbit in US and Canada) and GTI
  5. Passat
  6. Westfalia bus
  7. Vanagon and Polo (tie)
  8. Eurovan (newest bus)
  9. Lupo

Worst (from ugliest to less ugly but all here are still ugly):

  1. Kharmann Ghia (this also happens to be uglier than most any other make ever made in history except maybe a 1950 Studebaker which comes close)
  2. Fox
  3. 411 Fastback
  4. VW Pickup (based on old Rabbit)
  5. VW Transporter crew cab pickup truck
6.. Thing
  1. Squareback
  2. Middle age Bus
  3. A5 Jetta
10 Toureg (SUV)
  1. A3 Golf and Jetta and GTI
  2. Touran (mini-van)
  3. Old Beetle
  4. Dasher
  5. Sharan
  6. Caddy Life

Please let me know if I forgot any. Thank you.

Reply to
Tom Levigne

And in Germany.

The Mk2 Jetta was also called Jetta in Europe. The Mk3 was the Vento.

VW Saveiro and Taro. One a nice pickup sold only in S. America, and one a fugly re-badged Toyota something or other. Many others...

Reply to
René

Where's the new Jett ..... never mind. I see it. Yep. I agree.

Reply to
HerkyJerky

Old bus needs to be at the very top! Expensive VW's all go at the bottom.

Reply to
Digby McSnuffernutter

As another reader pointed out and it still has not been corrected - the A4 Jetta in Canada is still a Jetta. There are a bunch of people that run around taking off the Jetta nameplates amd putting on Bora nameplates, but it is officially a Jetta, not a Bora.

DC

Reply to
David Cotie

I guess that aluminum panel truck doesn't count with the VW diesel engine in it. What was it called? A Cub van or something? It was a small panel truck made with aluminum body with swing out rear doors that had a complete VW power train. Diesel are the ones I saw. I know because I sold a couple of them when I worked for a VW dealer. I borrowed one to pick up a family member's dirt motorcycle. It was fully enclosed. It was freakin' ugly though functional. I do not believe though VW made the body.

Harry

Reply to
Harry

I wrote

This perked my curiosity. I went through some archived invoices to find what this was.

It was a Grumman Kubvan (1985 vintage) and had an automatic transmission and a/c, though I remember it as a VW diesel. The beginning of the serial is: 1GWKJ21JXFGMXXXXX

Harry

Reply to
Harry

I think the boys at Scion had it in mind when they designed the xB.

Brian Running

Looks like a US postal service truck.

These were made in the US though weren't they?

Reply to
Matt B.

yup, I believe by Grumman, used to be on Jeep chassis but now on Chevy S10s, which would explain the resemblance. Unless you go WAY back to the Studebaker Zip Van but I haven't seen one of those in years.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel