Best and Worst Looking VW's of all time

Best and Worst Looking VW's (updated, complete, and factually correct list)

Best (best on top):

  1. Newest Scirocco (around 1985-87 models)
  2. A4 Golf and GTI and R32
  3. A4 Jetta (Bora here in Canada)
  4. Corrado
  5. A5 Golf and GTI
  6. Eos (new convertible sports car)

  1. New Beetle

  1. Oldest Bus
  2. A2 Jetta (Vento in Europe)
  3. 412 and 411 (except fastback)
11 A2 Golf and GTI
  1. Phaeton and Caravelle (tie)
  2. Older Scirocco

  1. Passat

  1. A1 Golf (Rabbit in US and Canada) and GTI
  2. Passat

  1. Westfalia bus

  1. Vanagon and Polo (tie)
  2. Eurovan (newest bus)
  3. Lupo

Worst (from ugliest to less ugly but all here are still ugly):

  1. Kharmann Ghia (this also happens to be uglier than most any other make ever made in history except maybe a 1950 Studebaker which comes close)
  2. Fox

  1. 411 Fastback

  1. VW Pickup (based on old Rabbit)
  2. VW Transporter crew cab pickup truck

6.. Thing

  1. Squareback
  2. Middle age Bus
  3. A5 Jetta
10 Toureg (SUV)
  1. A3 Golf and Jetta and GTI
  2. Touran (mini-van)

  1. Old Beetle

  2. Dasher

  1. Sharan

  2. Caddy Life
Reply to
Tom Levigne

Factually correct ;>) ROFL

Reply to
Papa

Hmmm.

'Beauty is altogether in the eye of the beholder'. Margaret Wolfe Hungerford Novel "Molly Bawn" (1878)

You have obviously never encountered a 1970's / 1980's Stutz Bearcat.

Ouch!

I always rather liked the Ghia, although I suspect my fondness of them came from Agent 86 driving one.

- Bill

Reply to
William J. Leary Jr.

What, you've never seen a Bricklin?

All the veedubs have had their charm, the only ones I'd consider truly ugly were cerainly the 400 series.

Reply to
wkearney99

I think the Ghia stands on its own merits, especially the coupe, which is particularly pretty.

Of course, I think the 50-51 Studes are pretty neat in their own right, so what can I say. (the 53-54 coupes and hardtops are much nicer, though.)

I'd probably put the Ghia coupe right on top, followed by the original Scirocco. But that's just me...

nate

Reply to
N8N

I stopped reading at this point, because when you get this so wrong, the rest of the list is of no interest.

RJ

Reply to
RJ

Sorry. See below. Hope you only have the list in pencil.

that was "Jetta" in Canada too.

No the A3 Jetta was Vento in Europe.

There are three generations of the Caravelle...which one?

Potentially poverlaps w/Caravelle.

"Karmann" (no 'h').

Which one? The Brazilian-made one bound for North America or the home-market South African one which was a reskinned A1 Jetta?

There are 5 generations of that one...which one?

Reply to
Matt B.

Or one of these...

Zoonosis

I've got you all beat, this is the worst looking vdub.

Jon

Karmann Ghia the ugliest? Whatever. At least you didn't spell vw wrong..

Reply to
oldspoke