Change Jetta 2000 spark plug

Can anyone tell me how to change spark plug on jetta 2000? Do i need any special tools to replace spark plug?

Reply to
endof

Can anyone tell me how to change spark plug on jetta 2000? Do i need any special tools to replace spark plug?

Reply to
endof

engine? 1.8T or 2.0? VR6?

if it is the 1.8T just unscrew the 2 screws (black plastic) and take out the entire unit under the unit are the sparkplugs 'hidden'. they put the ignition coil into the sparkplug 'holder' so to say.

2.0 standard just dont pull on the wires since they break pretty quick, otherwise normal preciture.

good luck, Sebastian

Reply to
Sebastian

Just a sparkplug socket. Maybe allen keys if your coilpacks (if it's a vr6 or 1.8t) are secured with bolts, but most aren't.

Reply to
McScratchy