Changing brake light on Passat Wagon

I have a 2000 Passat Wagon and tried to change the brake light - the one in the middle. Before I know it I found myself trying to rip off all the wagon gate molding on the inside and stopped before I went too far and figured there had to be an easier way - I hope there is. Can someione help me? I know the manual says go to the delaeship to change the brake light bulb but that is absurd - I have been managing so far. Thanks

Reply to
spacecadet