clutch plate?

my bentley manual tells me that the portruding side of the clutch plate points away from the engine. but my clutch plate has "flywheel side" on the side that is flatter than the other.

did they just print it wrong on the plate?

thanks tyler

Reply to
tyler

||my bentley manual tells me that the portruding side of the clutch plate ||points away from the engine. but my clutch plate has "flywheel side" on ||the side that is flatter than the other. || ||did they just print it wrong on the plate?

How does that contradict? The protruding side is the one with the springs and a plate that is proud of the friction surface. That fits into the inside of the pressure plate friction ring. The flat side fits against the flywheel.

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B