colored wax ?

Has anyone used any of those colored waxes ? How well do they work ?

dv

Reply to
Drew Volpe

Are you talking about the "miracle scratch remover/color back" type waxes?

Ive used them in the past. They really dont do much. MiVE

Michigans biggest VW Enthusiast club

Reply to
Cap crnch

Yes, about 25% of what the advertisements say.

I used some on my girlfriend's car that has moderate oxidation. It helps.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

If you mean the ones that are supposed to cover tiny scratches, they were ok.

Reply to
Dave

Yeh, exactly. I have a navy '00 Jetta with a lot of little scratches which are very noticeable. I'm not expecting miracles; as long as they don't make things worse.

Any brand you would recommend ?

dv

Reply to
Drew Volpe

They work OK...not bad. Haven't used them in a long time though.

They'll turn your hands, or at least your fingernails, that color for a few days though (e.g.: black car, black wax, black stuff under fingernails).

Reply to
Matt B.

I used the Turtle Wax brand (the one with the "color stick") on my black '99.5 Jetta. Like everyone else said, it worked OK. It managed to fill scratches that polishing compound would not have, but didn't do much of anything about the deeper, wider ones. Better than nothing, and probably better than many other cheap choices for hand application and buffing.

sd

Reply to
sd

If yer car has faded panels through too much exposure to the sun, then they can help get the car looky reasonable for a few days after the polish but it soons wears off.

If yer car is new and still gleams like fresh from the showroom, then don't touch them with a barge pole, they'll ruin the paintwork.

If yer car is somewhere in between yer best bet is to invest in a high quality polish like meguiers or autoglym and stick some elbow grease into it.

The T-cut polishes or Turtle wax polishes which claim to give that deep shien and remove scratches are pants, don't waste yer money on them.

Dave

Reply to
Khamelion

Jim B.