coolant flange

I just replaced both flanges on my '89 Golf. They were totally deformed and cracked. So only replacing the o-ring isn't going to work. I paid 28euro for the whole kit. That's for two flanges, all new o-ring's (sensors), clips and a plug. Must be a common failure being so cheap and in stock.

SFC

"IR" schreef in bericht news:bH%Xh.1$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe03.lga...

Reply to
SFC

I'd replace the manifold , it doesn't cost that much and there is known problems with it deforming.

Reply to
samstone

Is it necessary to replace the whole flange or just the gasket in fixing a leak? 1990 Jetta 8v.

I heard the whole thing needs changing cause it deforms...

This is the unit front and center engine block with

2 hoses and 2 sensors.

Irv

Reply to
IR

i had to replace this on my jetta, and if i recall it came as a whole set . new flange,clips and gasket,ring. got it from the dealer and price couldn't of been to bad if i got it there mike

Reply to
vwtopdown

IR wrote in news:bH%Xh.1$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe03.lga:

I just had the whole plastic flange assembly replaced. It was not expensive at all. It does deform over time, just replace the whole thing.

Reply to
Jem Berkes