Dash lights?

There are 10 warning lights on the dashboard of my 1992 Cabriolet.One has an icon for high beams, one for oil, and one I believe is for airbag. Does anyone know what the others are for? I do not have the owners manual for this car. I do have Chilton's and Hayne's repair manuals, but neither helps identify these lights.

Reply to
Eric

There are probably 10 spots but not all of them are necessarily used.

Should be turn signals, oil, water, high beam, possibly an airbag indicator and that's about it offhand. If it were a diesel there would be a glow plug light as well.

Reply to
Matt B.

i've got an '88 rocco, with the same (or very similar) dash. there are 2 rows of 5 lights. the bottom row are all unused. the top row are turn signal, oil warning, alternator warning and high beam, with 2 spare

Reply to
Nathan Lucas

thank you, that helps.

Reply to
Eric

I expect your "2 spare" was a typo, since you named (1) Turn, (2) Oil, (3) Alt, (4) High.

My '87 has the same four, plus OXS, for the Oxygen sensor, thus using all five on the top row. Like yours, all five in the bottom row are unused.

I've had the panel apart. The top row is four LEDs (Turn, Oil, Batt, OXS) and one blue light bulb (High). There were no blue LEDs in 1987. The bottom row is a plastic do-hickey with five LED shaped bumps.

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leary

ah! you spotted my deliberate typo then ;-)

Reply to
Nathan Lucas

what does the oxygen sensor light tell ya?

Reply to
Nathan Lucas

As far as I can remember, that something needs to be replaced. I assume the oxygen sensor, though I seem to recall back when I got my first car with one of these, one of the mechanics at the dealership telling me that it could also be the catalytic converter.

I've owned five VW's with this light, and I've never seen it go on (except during indicator tests).

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leary

Riiiiight. :) You just wanted to make sure we were paying attention.

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leary