E-Test

I've got a 1988 VW Fox that has failed the e-test twice due to high NOx reading. It has 228000km. No one can tell me what is causing it, other than to spend money for engine analysis and other bs like that.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Fernando Torres

No one can look into a crystal ball and tell you what's wrong without first knowing the condition the car is in? In our part of the state(USA) we don't check NOx but I would first check the engine tune such as timing, fuel mixture, cat converter! Does it have a EGR system and is it working. EGR controls NOx levels. Lastly if you don't want to spend some $$$ on diagnosis you can just start throwing parts at the car and hope!

Reply to
Woodchuck

Reply to
Bob Hetzel

Check out tdiclub.com & look under the VAG-COM link to do a search for club members that have the diag tools to check it out. The guy I contactred is running my codes for a case of beer.

Ross-Teck (www search) sells the cable for about $200 & the software is DLable as shareware.

Bill

Reply to
willbr

Ross-Tech