EGR VALVE!

After all this time, I replaced every fuel related object, besides all injectors, and now she fires and drive liek a beauty, besides the idling at 2k. Any ideas?

Reply to
the_lower_class_brat

Did you plug that hole in the throttle body that allows access to the Idle air bypass adjusting screw?

Reply to
samstone

WAY TO GO tlcb!!!

someone might have monkeyed with the throttle rest stop screw and the throttle plate is staying open some. check the larger vacuum hoses like the valve cover to intake manifold and the brake booster hose Is there also a Aux. Air Regulator on your engine?

Somewhere that engine is getting more air than it should! Hear any hissing with the engine running?

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I need to check my guage clusters, anyone know how to get it out, I un screw it but it doesnt seem to like comeing out, hopefully I dont have to remove the whole dash, I tried remoivng the dash today but something at the back was still holding it in place, clips perhaps?

Reply to
the_lower_class_brat

The dash cluster removes fairly easily except for getting the speedometer cable off the back. Removeing the left hand vent and pushing the duct work back and out of the way is the only way I can get my bighands to the sp/cable release.

Reply to
samstone

cluster removal? START A NEW POST WITH A DIFFERENT SUBJECT!

How is the eng>> WAY TO GO tlcb!!!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I got the idle down to 1100-1200 now, which is alot better then 2k or at first 3k.

Reply to
the_lower_class_brat