EGR VALVE!

Its weird though the problem is rather intermittent If I leave the car sitting for a day It will be able to pull out of the drive way, but if Ive been reving it for a bit, I have no power. And it also starts misfiring after running for a bit. Should the line coming out of the intank pump to the pump revoir be under pressure? because it shoots gas, just not at that high pressure. And also what about the pump itself, I believe its not an mk2, or rather I know for a fact that its not the stock pump that came with the car. It has a connector for a four prong wire connecter and the one in my manual only shows 3. Is it possible its not giving out sufficient ammounts of gas needed?

Reply to
the_lower_class_brat

If you mean : Should the line returning fuel to the ' fuel tank' have pressure? , the answer is : yes when the engine is running.

If you mean : Should the line from the output of the intank lift pump to the input of the main pump have pressure? the answer is : yes when the engine is running

because it shoots

Where and when is 'it' shooting fuel?

about the pump

Even if this intank lift pump was the correct one the answer is yes it is possible. How much fuel was pumped in the three second test to determine which line at the main pump was the output line from the intank lift pump?

Can you make the pump(s) run by the use of the jumper wire ?

Reply to
samstone

Yes that line/hose coming out of the transfer/intank pump going to the main fuel pump can have pressure in it.

You might want to get the correct pump, buy a used one complete with box, to eliminate the possibility that the current pump is not the correct one with the correct volume and pressure. You are trying to eliminate problem possibilities! ;-)

Endeavor to Persevere! ;-) later, dave

(One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

As for the 5 k revs my freinds dad said to check the solenoid and also the possibility of being a vaccum leak, any good tricks to look for one?

Reply to
the_lower_class_brat

I sometimes hear the large vacuum leaks and I sometimes find the small leaks using a long hose held to my ear as I place the other end around possible leaks.

some use propane or carb cleaner

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Well it's been raining all week here, and snowing like crazy, middle of april!!! but 20 this week, its going to be a scorcher, anyways tomorrow Ill be able to go look out for vaccum leaks, get back to this tomorrow with a new status report, Im thinking the pump though, seems a little fishy with that pump, bnecause when I removed it completely, it had no effect on the car running at all.

Reply to
the_lower_class_brat

If I jump the relay the pump starts fast but then gradually starts slowing down, is this normal? Or is my pump finished?

Reply to
the_lower_class_brat

Oops and also I popped my injectors out put 2 in there own little coke bottles and they didnt mist at all, it was almost just drippling/ squirting.

Reply to
the_lower_class_brat

Maybe a bad fuel pump relay? The problem is intermittent. And alo I popped it out and it looked a little burnt in some areas, but it still clicks fine

Reply to
the_lower_class_brat

Do you have the correct pump on the vehicle now that will supply the correct pressure and volume? Might be clogged injectors that need cleaning out.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

No Im getting it tomorrow, but the relay is dead now. it was burnt in some areas and I hate to pick at it and it worked for a bit but then randomly died.

Reply to
the_lower_class_brat

Whats the purpose of the line comign from the gas tank are to the long canister under the air box?

Reply to
the_lower_class_brat

AFAIK maybe that line is for gas fumes routed to the charcoal cannister to save our environment!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

LOL an Earthday Question and answer. :-\ so sorry, couldn't resist

Reply to
samstone

I think it also has the side effect of reclaiming that as fuel.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

I had to go there! lol

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

When I jump the fuel pump relay I get a clicking style sound coming from the fuel dist and all its lines, is this normal?

Reply to
the_lower_class_brat

Is it a rapid clicking or ticking sound? Might be the frequency valve which should be normal. Now if your system has the electronic fuel pressure regulator, it might not be normal. Where is it clicking from exactly?

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Very hard to tell from where, but the warm up valve line and the injector lines have it the worst

Reply to
the_lower_class_brat

And ytes its rapid

Reply to