ESP Problem

Hi,

I have an 02 Plate Passat 1.8 T. ESP light comes on after 15 mins of driving and stays on until i turn the car off. Comes back on again after 15 mins or so again. ESP works ok though for the first 15 mins regardless of how you drive the car.

Anyone had this problem B4? or any advise much appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Abid

Got this problem (along with others) with my 2002 Passat.

Main dealer had car for two days to sort it out along with the creaking dash.

Car is exactly as it was before, it will be going back again.

Has your car suffered the `water through the pollen filter' problem, ie. swimming pool in foot wells. I have read elsewhere that water ingress will cause the above ESP problem.

My car is a lemon

Reply to
Capt. Flack

Its as dry as a desert in the foot wells. Its under warranty so it'll go back to main dealers. I have read about this type of problem on other forums and they vary from faulty brake light switch to faulty yaw sensors.

Reply to
Abid

turned out to be incorrect wheel alignment now fixed.

Reply to
Abid

After searching, I find ESP in this context refers to an Electronic Stabilization Program. I am confident that Abid knew this, but I didn't.

.... Program .... unusual choice of words.

Reply to
Tom's VR6