Exhaust - Golf A3

The main exhaust pipe broke away from the expansion box and I took the car to a muffler shop for repair. They gave me a new expansion box and now the exhaust is louder than it was with the broken pipe (there are definitely no leaks). The sound is much deeper especially at over 4,000prm. Could this be a feature of the new expansion box, as it appears to be bigger than the old one. Just to make matters even more interesting, the fuel consumption has improved and the performance is definitely much better. Could the old expansion box have been clogged up? and is the new exhaust tone really "standard"?

Thanks, Gilbert

Reply to
Gilbert Jeffery