Fox 88 Smogtest "TEST ONLY" californio

Have to renew licence and have to get smogtest. Other years I went to the corner garage and got it tested and always passed. Now thy want me to go for" test only" I don't get the meaning or use for this is it a more stringent test ?? what can I do to get prepared for this test tune upp?? reply appreciated. P.S. installed new CO unit car runs better. moony.

Reply to
Lambert Moonen

A certain percentage of California cars get the "test only station" meaning that you have to take it to a station that does smog tests and nothing else (not a repair place that also does smogs). They're doing this as part of a study to find out if there's a difference in the number of failures at "test only" stations versus repair shops to see if the tests are possibly being doctored by mechanics in order to generate more business (at least that's my guess as to why). Should be able to find one in the yellow pages or online. Where are you at? If you're in San Diego, there's one at the one right next to the DMV in Hillcrest at the corner of Lincoln and Cleveland streets, behind Brian's Diner. That's the one I went to when I needed a "test only" station. There are more, but that's the one that comes to mind since it's near my house.

Reply to
Matt B.

Reply to
Lambert Moonen