Fuel Problem in later golf diesel engine

I have an 81 truck that has a mid eighties golf diesel engine in it. YEsterday and today it just started cuting out on me randomly. Do you have any ideas as to what it could be? If this helps about a month ago I leaned out the fuel on the pump because it smoked black excessively. When I leaned it out the smoking cut out dramatically and still ran great. If anybody can help I really need it

Reply to
awronka

none2u

Any chance you disturbed the spade connector wire on the top of the IP? It cuts off fuel flow if the connection is iffy.

Reply to
madmedix