Polo CL rear speakers?

HI,

I have a 1997 Polo CL (the 1.6 saloon version) and there are no speakers in the rear of the car.

There are, however, holes in the rear parcel shelf. I can't quite tell what size of speaker is needed. The holes are oval shaped and approximately (I wasn't able to measure precisely) 7 inches long by about 4 or 5 inches wide.

Can anyone confirm what size fits? Or can a larger 6x9 speaker drop in the hole and overlap it from the top?

thanks in advance

Matt

Reply to
Matthew McGrattan