golf automatic transmission

I HAVE A 1996 VW GOLF. THE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WILL NOT SHIFT OUT OF

2nd GEAR. HAS ANYONE HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM? IF SO HOW DID YOU FIX IT AND IS THIS A PROBLEM I CAN FIX?
Reply to
nervouswreck

Nope, never heard of that problem before. All kidding aside I bet it's in limp mode so I suggest you scan it for fault codes.

Reply to
Lost In Space

Like LiS said, scan the codes, DTCs. Maybe a problem with the Valve Body Harness like the ATF temperature sensor. Also a problem with your CAPS key on your keyboard! ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I have a 95 VW Golf. I am recently experience similar problem of yours. My transmission has a problem from 2nd gear to 3rd gear. Have you find a solution of yours yet? Please let me know, I am greatly appreciate.

nervouswreck wrote:

Reply to
jlee

you all need to scan for dtcs!