Parking brake indicator light

1982 rabbit diesel, problems with driving in rain causing false operation of hand brake warning lite comes on dim, then brighter. where is the switch? or could it be in the wiring harness or dashboard? any ideas. thanks rich
Reply to
Rich

switch is under the handbrake handle

nate

Reply to
N8N

I know I'm replying to a post from several months back, but I have a question. Where is the switch for an '84 rabbit? I don't see anything under my handbrake handle -- except the floor. I had a problem a few months ago where the parking brake was broken, but the parking brake warning light was on constantly. Then, I had a mechanic fix the brake for me. Ever since then, the light NEVER comes on, even when I do set the parking brake. I'd love to find the switch for mine.

Thanks, Bryan Walton

-- Remove the REMOVE from my email to email

Reply to
Bryan K. Walton

Never mind. I found it. It had come loose and was hiding inside.

Thanks, Bryan

Reply to
Bryan K. Walton