Hatch release on 2000 Golf

Neither the key fobs ( two of them) nor the inside toggle will open the back hatch of my 2000 Golf. Further, the key fobs will not lock the driver's side door. The fobs will lock the passenger door and if I 'manually' lock the driver's side door (after it is shut), the fobs will unlock the doors.

Finally, the key when inserted into the hatch and the driver's side door will not turn (i.e., to lock or unlock the hatch and/or door).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim L.

Reply to