Heater Core In 89 Fox

Hi, I need to put a heater core in my 1989 Fox. I had it priced for labor and it was $300, just for the labor. The part is about $100 it seems. How much of a job is this? It does have a AC. I will have to do it myself as garage is too expensive. Thanks, kevin

Reply to
Kevin

I think that in the USA there was a recall on the Fox heater cores to add a restrictive valve (bypass?). I am not sure if the dealer, or VW, will change the heater core for you unless maybe the recall was not done which possibly caused the core to blow. It is not a fun job to do but you can do it. ;-) later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1