Help! Engine loses power!

Help!

My 1989 water-cooled Vanagon starts up and idles but when put in gear it only runs about 5 minutes then sputters and will not rev up enough to move the vehicle.

I've changed the elec fuel pump and the fuel filter and had the gas tank chemically cleaned.

What should I look into now? I"m stuck in a rural area with no knowledgeable service.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Charlie_R

Sounds like the problem I recently had.