Hidden door switch on the Jetta 02?

Does anyone know where the switch that turns on the dome light when you open the door is located? On my 02 Jetta, the passenger door no longer activates the light and as a consequence can be opened without the electronics (alarm) knowing about it. It used to be mechanical switches but I suspect it could be a reed switch hidden somewhere. TIA

-Raynald

Reply to
Raynald

It's part of the door latch assembly.

Reply to
Woodchuck

frequently it's part of the latch mechanism in the door but "should" be sold separately.

doug

Reply to
doug

It is in the door latch.

Is your car still under bumper to bumper warranty?

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

Before you tear apart the door, try blasting the switch (it's located in the opening with the striker latch) with a shot of silicon spray or WD. It fixed mine.

Cheers

Reply to
me