How I got my heater core replaced free by VWoA

Nice that it worked out that way, but the rapid change in corporate policy these days makes me wonder just how relevant is a 2 1/2 year old event.

Reply to
Papa

I also got the heater core on my 95 Passat replaced in early 2004 at 100K miles by contacting

VWOA. Sadly, heater core failures continue in VW models (B5 and B5.5 Passat owners are reporting failures as early as 60K miles) and I have heard that VWOA is not as accommodating these days.

Reply to
Keep on Plonkin'

VWoC is a different.story. VW of Canada just replaced my (recently failed) heater core for free under the recall. I didn't even need to bring in the reminder letter to the last owner in 1999. They punched in the VIN, and booked me in. I was amazed. No strings attached. They didn't care how it failed (i.e. if the end cap actually ruptured, or if it had perforated due to age). And mine was originally a U.S. car! It seems that in Canada, every Jetta is entitled to one freebie in its lifetime.

Theo

Reply to
Theo