A4 Glove box jammed!

Hello,

The latching mechanism on my 2003 A4 glovebox is jammed. My dealer wants $482 to replace the door and locking mechanism! I'm not giving those guys one more dollar!

Anyone know how to at least get the box to open without me breaking it? It seems to release on the left side, but the right side still seems to be engaged.

Thanks! Troy

Reply to
Shagster

This should help:

Tony

that looks fantastic! Thank you SO much!!

Troy

Reply to
Shagster

Hmm... Step 1 is a problem.! lol. OPENING my glove box is the problem!

Troy

Reply to
Shagster

If you can do Step 2 first, perhaps you can find out what's hanging up the glove box door...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

Sometimes it is just as easy as something too long for the glovebox is binding in the top of the box. When you open the glovebox the long object hits the "wall of the dashboard" and binds it from opening.

My wife have the habit of cramming the glovebox full of CDs, and this is usually enough to bind the glovebox. I long flat object such as a ruler is usually enough to free the binding CD while opening the glovebox.

Not sure if this applies in your case, but thought it might help. If not, just disregard this post and good luck with the glovebox.

Reply to
BBO

Reply to
Shagster