How to replace the PCV valve in an A3 2.0

Several months ago my 95 Golf 2.0 started leaking oil out the valve cover. I had assumed that the newfangled rubber gasket (I'm used to the leaky rabbit gaskets) would last forever, but maybe not. But it also occurred to me that the leak may have developed because of increased crankcase pressure from a failing PCV valve.

However, it's not clear how to replace the valve. I'm talking about the valve down on the block, not that mushroom shaped thing up on the valve cover. The PCV valve is covered by a piece of stamped sheet metal that extends WAY over toward the belt end of the engine where it looks pretty inaccessible. Bentley is not enlightening with respect to removal. Anybody got a procedure for R&Ring the PCV valve?

Bill

78 Rabbit...10/77 - 4/02 82 Convertibles(s)...since 93 95 Golf GL...since 11/99 02 Passat 1.8T Tip GLS...since 4/02

Take out the CAT to reply by email

Reply to
William Maslin