intermittent A/C on '00 Jetta

The A/C in my '00 Jetta has started to not work intermittently. Sometimes, it works great, other times, it won't work at all. I haven't noticed any patterns. Often it won't work, I'll park the car, come back 20 min later and it will. Or it will be working great as I'm driving and will spontaneously stop working.

Anyone have any ideas what this might be or what I should investigate ?

dv

Reply to
Drew V

Regal53

The OP's air conditioner may be low on coolant.

Reply to
Papa

pressure switch, overheat switch, ambient switch. And there's more but I would check them 3 first.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Good suggestions. But, how does the typical backyard mechanic check such contraptions?

Reply to
Jonny

with a manual & wiring diagram and a digital volt/ohm meter all 3 can be checked with ease.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck