Keyless entry problem - 2000 New Beetle

Well, I have seen hints of this problem in the forums, but not a definitive answer...

On our 2000 Beetle, the keyless entry is not working correctly. When we exit the car and press the lock button, the passenger door and trunk lock, but the drivers door does not. If we then completely unlock the car with the keyless remote and then re-lock and everything works fine. Does anyone have any thoughts or a fix. At this point nothing has been attempted.

Reply to
timpwalsh

Call the dealer and see if there has been either a recall or a retrofit. Our Touareg's entry system was doing strange things but randomly. The dealer identified new firmware and things seem to be normal now.

Reply to
Tom R.

Nope, nothing for the NB. Get the system scanned for faults.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck