Looking for a mechanic in Michigan

Hi group,

I have a 2001 Golf TDI with just over 80k miles. I'm looking for a reputable mechanic in or near the Thumb of Michigan to do the 80k tune up. 'Local' dealer (starts withVly) wants over $1000 which seems like an awful lot of money for the 80k tune up even though they are changing the timing belt. I'm in the tip of the thumb in a little town named Pinnebog. The closest major towns near me are Bay City (60 mi SW), Detroit (90 mi S to north suburbs), Saginaw (90 mi SW), and Port Huron (90 mi SE).

Any suggestions?

Robbob

2001 Golf TDI "the grocery getter"
Reply to
Robbob

**You could try posting this on the Michigan Volkswagen Enthusiasts web forum:

I'm sure that most will swear by Steve's European Automotive in Waterford which is a bit of a haul :) However, someone might know of a dealer that's decent and much closer.

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom