Lower my jetta the cheap way

I dont have much money , i know using new springs would be the best way to lower my 93 jetta. I got some suspension coil clamps. Has anyone ever used them before? Any luck fittin them on? It looks like the rear springs have a much smaller diameter then the front ones.

Reply to
della_20

Why would you want to?

Reply to
WHTDOG469

lower my 93 jetta. I got some suspension coil clamps. Has anyone ever used them before? Any luck fittin them on? It looks like the rear springs have a much smaller diameter then the front ones.

Hi,

The cheapest way to lower any car is using springs. DON'T use coil clamps. Your car will be lowered, but the handling will be dangerous. The cheapest springs are far better than clamps.

René Golf GT 1.8 16v 1982 (lowered with Eibach springs/Sachs shocks) Scirocco GT 1.6 1981 (lowered with Eibach springs/Sachs shocks) Vento GT 2.0 1994 (standard suspension)

Reply to
"René G.

Just add 4 FAT people!

lower my 93 jetta. I got some suspension coil clamps. Has anyone ever used them before? Any luck fittin them on? It looks like the rear springs have a much smaller diameter then the front ones.

Reply to
Woodchuck

# # # # ########################### ########################### # # # # # # # # # ## ##### ##### ########### ############## ## ## # # # # # ## #### #### ############ ######## # # # # ########################### ########################### # # # # # # # # # ## ##### ## ###### #### #################### #### ################

Reply to
Peter Parker

A most unsafe way to create the rice look. You will destroy the present spring rate, but who cares about safety? Spend the bucks for the correct springs if you want the lowered look.

Your car will not handle well given a step function spring rate.

lower my 93 jetta. I got some suspension coil clamps. Has anyone ever used them before? Any luck fittin them on? It looks like the rear springs have a much smaller diameter then the front ones.

Reply to
AH

The cheapest way of lowering your car is just buy a honda and get it over with! your half way there.

Reply to
Graphicrepro4you

Stock '89, dropped the car ~10cm by taking a grinding wheel to the springs. After installing performance shocks the car handled better than stock. Why? For fun and to see how the car would respond. The car now has a set of performance springs with some of the free length snipped. The new springs are progressive so the ride is smoother.

I could tell you about my buddy who compressed his springs on a bench compressor and torched them to yield a sprung piana wire look, but that's...another...story.

Reply to
me

I bought lowering springs used off

. Cost me about 120 bucks they are ebach ( Droped the car about 1.5 inchs). They have coil over lower systems on there for like 75 bucks but the look really cheap. When you do a search on ebay just type in "vw a2" Im pretty sure golf springs are interchangeable with the jettas. Thats a better way than those clamp things . so save you pennys.

Cheers : Jeff

Reply to
FONATURE

I know APEX has two different part numbers for their Golf and Jetta. springs. Don't know if this translates into two different springs though.

Darryl.

they are ebach ( Droped the car about 1.5 inchs). They have coil over lower systems on there for like 75 bucks but the look really cheap. When you do a search on ebay just type in "vw a2" Im pretty sure golf springs are interchangeable with the jettas. Thats a better way than those clamp things . so save you pennys.

Reply to
Darryl