Lowering Springs for a 1993 Passat VR6 Sedan & other anomolies.

Does anyone know if there are springs available for this model? I bought this car a month ago from a coworker who didn't want to fix the heater core. The dealer wanted 7-800 bucks to do the job and he didn't want to pay that. I told him that I would help him out if he bought the Bently manual and the heater core. He bought the stuff and then decided that he would rather have a new car.I bought it for $1,200.00 (new heater core included, just not installed). He had a new auto trans put in around 3,000 miles ago and always had it serviced regularly as well as always being garaged. The car is in great shape cosmetically as well as mechanically, it looks like a 2 year old car rather than a 10 year old car. Anyhooo...the car overheated on me the first day I had it, as I was giving him a ride home. When I was looking at the fans I noticed that only one of them was moving and it was making noise. He told me that it had done that since he owned it. The next day I took the shroud off and removed a piece of busted plastic and put the belt from one fan to the other and then set about doing the heater core. That isn't something I ever want to do again, but it's done and it doesn't overheat anymore and the heater- a/c system works great. Overall, I'm very happy with the car as it is just as comfortable as my girlfriends new (now-departed) Passat. The only things I'm not happy with are 1) Automatic tranmission. I'd really prefer a 5 speed. and 2) the ride is a little too soft for my liking. I have an old A1 VW Jetta GLi that is our ski car and it sits on lowered springs and handles the corners great. On a few occassions we took the new Passat up the mountain I felt it had way too much body roll. Anyway, I realize that I will lose out on the plush ride if I go to progressive springs, but I'd prefer that to the bad cornering. I went to my local tire store last week to price some and they told me that there was nothing listed for the 90-93 Passat. This isn't the first wierd thing that happened in regard to the 90-93 search either. Bently doesn't make a book for it either. They do make a book for the 90-93 with the

16V engine though. I bought it so that I could do the heater core stuff since I assumed that the system would be the same and it was. Well, I seem to have rambled on for a bit here and lost my train of thought. Back to the original reason for posting: Does anyone know if there are progressive springs available for a 1993 Passat GLX Sedan with the VR6? Thanks, Bryan
Reply to
bryan gilbreath

Passat saloon 1.6-2.0i 16v 88-92 40mm £59.99 ($95.98) Passat saloon 1.6 2.0i 16v 92-96 40mm £68.93 ($110.29)

this is all i could find in euro car parts so i guess there's no such kit for the VR6

Reply to
Joe

Try H&R and Eibach. I've found that they have product for most of the VW lineup post 1990.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Neuspeed Sport Springs Part# 55.10.45

1993-1994 VW Passat B3 VR6 Sedan

Lower 1.25" front # rear.

These are progressives, but are fairly stiff. I prefer soft-sport, but that is not an option for that model & does not offer much in the way of lowering (more like 0.5").

Scott

Reply to
Scott