MAF recall reimbursement

I recently called VW about my reimbursement for the maf recall. I sent it in the beginning of December and forgot about it until about a week ago. I figured I should have gotten it by now. Lo and behold they claim they either never received it or it got lost somewhere. The girl I talked to said I could either send them the original workorders again or fax them. I told her how in the hell can I send her the original workorders if I already sent them and they lost them? After a brief pause realizing what a stupid thing she just said, she got a realshitty attitude and told me to fax the copies. Somehow I knew something was going to go wrong when they asked us to send in the originals. Has anyone else had problems with their reimbursements? I can't help but feel that they took this straight out of the " let's see how many people we can screw out of their rebate because they didn't capitalize the "D" in Oak dr. on their rebate form" book. I will call them monday to find out if they received my forms or if the fax machine ran out of paper.

Reply to
JohnQPublic

Think maybe the US postal system lost them? Only suggestion I have when you deal with money is send the mail requesting a delivery receipt or certified mail. That way you know when they get it.

Reply to
Woodchuck

You know, it may be possible, but come on. How come I always get my bills every month. I don't ever remember the Post office losing one of those. The Post office has never "lost" my payments to my utility, credit card, car payments etc... It's pretty easy to blame the Postal service. Have you ever had a payment get lost and the company calls you asking about it and you tell them "it must have gotten lost in the mail" Do you know what the first thing that comes into their minds? Bullsh*t!

Reply to
JohnQPublic