More Jetta Emissions Problems

I have an 01 Jetta and have had the emissions light come on many times since

35K. Car also ran rough on startup. Took it to the dealer and each time they said the car was ok and turned out the light. 2 weeks later the light was back on and the car ran rough again. Finally took it to a dealer who replaced mass air unit and the light went out. 2 weeks later the light is back on, running rough, I take it back to the dealer and he tells me 10 bad hits on the engine came back from the computer check. He thinks he needs a full day to study the problem. Anyone know what's going on?
Reply to
Mul211

Yes leave it at the dealer for a few days so they can look at the issue closer. If it's a cold start up then they need it COLD. If not they need to know when the issue happens so they may duplicate it.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

If it takes two weeks to reappear then how do you expect them to magically come up with a instant fix? The "printout" from their test gear tells them what the computer "thinks" is wrong. What if you have a flakey connector some where. The thing here is they are trying to find the cause.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo