mufflers and Cats

Having recently finished an overhaul of my 1.6L non-turbo diesel in my

1986 Jetta, am considering what kind of muffler system to put on. Does a catalytic converter take away a lot of power? What type of mufflers are available to give one a quiet ride? TIA
Reply to
jettaman8691

You don't put a cat on a diesel unless it's a modern, direct injected, electronically controlled unit.

--TW

Reply to
Tundra Wookie