16V Distributor

Is it possible to install an 8V distributor on a 16V car? The only potential issue I can see is that the intake manifold might block it.
Anyone every tried something like this?
snipped-for-privacy@please.thanks.com says...

What are you talking about here, Mk2/3/4?
Assuming you mean the Mk2, I dont think so, looking on GSF, they got 2 separate ones with about 7 quid difference.
No, here in the USA the intermediate shaft doesn't spin 1/2 the crank. So timing would be a problem.