New ignition switch, new key(???), remote button failure.

So the VW guys claimed they had to replace the ignition switch to cure my ABS + Brake light problem, and as a result they had to use a new key/tumbler. Now why couldn't they reuse the same tumbler assembly?

Also now, the unlock button on the remote works, but the Arm button goes into pre-Arm and a minute later it arms (as if a door or the hood or rear lid is open. If I use the key to arm the car, it doesn't give me that beep I expect. They really goofed up, I think.

Does having one key for the ignition and one key for the doors present this problem?

I'm so pissed at the service guy. They charged me $400 parts and labor for that alone!!!!

I've never heard of anything like this. Now I have two keys instead of one, which is kinda/sorta inconvenient. I put red tape on the ignition key to tell them apart. Now I have to look at the keys to see which one does what.

And the remote control is now an issue.

THE BUMS AT DEVON HILL VW (in PA) did me no favor, I think. I left fuming mad.

Any calming advice?

Andy

98 GTI/VR6
Reply to