New Jetta Wagon owner - a few questions

The 105 hp engine was identical to the RV code engine, except that it had the dual downpipe. The GTI didn't have this engine in Canada. The 134 HP engine was a 2.0L 16-Valve that was found in the high end GTIs.

- Peter

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Must be nice.

In Canada, VWC only offers 8.9% on 2004s...

ADP shouldn't charge to come out and fix the computers...They don't at our dealer...

- Peter

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Hehehe... VWoA loves me and I got 0.0% interest. As for the oil issue, I'm sure I'll get that for free as well (hey.... lets remind who in this room fixed the shop's computers again... How much does ADP charge to come out here?).

Reply to
Pencilneck

Right (I have a 1.8 8V and they're very similar mechanically).

I'm just surprised it had the same transmission too. He said that his dad's old '85 Golf revved much lower on the freeway than his '91 does.

Reply to
Matt B.

Actually I had the same 100hp 'cause I had a California car which were fitted with the single downpipe. I've since changed to the dual downpipe and a TT system :-)

Reply to
Matt B.

The 134hp was 2.0.

Reply to
Matt B.

Right, and was called the PF engine.

Really? That's interesting...I thought Canada did as well as 49-states in the US (except Calif.). Odd.

Yup.

Reply to
Matt B.

Remember though...Canada was always second fiddle to the US in terms of what VW gave us for equipment. The PF engine was only found in the Jetta Carat up here.

Another example: In the US, you can buy every VW except Towareck in GL trim. In Canada, we only get GLS trim, we can't get a 2-door Golf (unless we buy GTIs) and there is no such thing as a "base" model VW...

- Peter

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Yup. Mine is ~4000 rpm at 80MPH. The engine whine is kind of annoying at that speed, but they seem to be designed for high revving like that. I so wish it had a 6th gear. My Fox was like 3200 at 80 mph and it was only a 4-speed. Come to think of it, I wish my Jetta had my Fox's transmission/clutch. That was a thing of beauty.

...Sean.

Reply to
CheetoDust

Thanks Sean;

I did some calculations on the mileage (KMs driven versus full tank of gas consumed) and it's right on between city and highway. It's a new engine, so I expect it'll get a bit better. About 26 MPG when all told and done. The engine reminds me of my friend's GTI from the late 80's. It too was a high-revver with short gears. Still, the engine (his back then and mine now) seems to love it and doesn't show the least bit of strain.

I wonder what speed she'll go before the rev limiter kicks in??

:-)

CheetoDust wrote:

Reply to
Wendy A