A few Questions from a new owner

Hello, I have a few questions I would look to ask members of this group. I recently purchased a 2003 MINI Cooper and I have some concerns. I would like to know if others have experienced these issues.

One, the standard CD play that came with the car skips.

Two, I have the run flat tires and the I believe that makes the suspension very stiff. It's often an uncomforable ride going over what I would consider to be not terrible bad roads. This also adds to the CD skipping.

Three, I have the heated, leatherette sports seats and find it difficult to find a position that I find comfortable. These seats have no lumbar support btw.

I have a million positive things to say about the car and don't consider my glass to be half empty; again, I'm just curious to read others' experiences.

Thanks,

J. Killoran

Reply to
user1

user1 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

If store-bought CDs are fine but CDRs skip, try different brands and burning speeds. If store-bought CDs skip, have your dealer replace your player.

You are correct - run-flats do make for a stiffer ride. A set of 15" MINI wheels with radial tires can be had on ebay for $300 shipped.

I have the same seats and have no problems with them, but everyone's different. Your only options are to:

1) Play with the 3 things you have control over - front-back, seatback angle, and height adjustments until you find a position that's more comfortable. 2) Replace the seats.
Reply to
Rilian

I guess I'm either lucky or not so picky, 800 mile son the clock in 2 weeks today.

CD player has skipped once on a proper disc but it was a bit scratched up plays my cheapo cdr's no problem at all

I got the 17" wheel runflats and sports plus on the MCS, the roads round here are not great but I've not noticed any rattles or bumps and the ride is great.

Half leather sports seats with lumbar so can't comment. Did take me a while to find a good position though.

Can't think of a single problem or issue with the car, I actually drove home last night think I feel sorry for people in normal cars.

Reply to
bullett