Not!

They are nice vehicles (especially for the money). Opposite ends of the spectrum but they are both very satisfying.

Who could ask for anything more except perhaps, whirled peas!

Reply to
Pete LaFlamme

I am assuming, tho this is a new post you are responding to my post about the VW Xmas gifts.

Yes, they are both excellent vehicles. In fact if we needed a replacement for the 960 wagon, the diesel touareg would be considered along with a new V70 (Volvo's station wagon, we really like them...)

The whole family is excited about getting the new Golf, not really anything else matches its features and especially safety equipment!! for the price. And it's one of the best driving cars in that segment; it's got a flexible engine (all those jap cars make all their torque at a racecar like 4000-5000 rpm) it's got good seats, nice firm steering, good suspension, top notch brakes (3 channel ABS on 4 disks... how can you get better in a car that is $21000 CND out the door, most cars for the price you either can't get ABS, or it's only on the best model), and four airbags!, the competition only meets the law with two.... plus the Vee Dub is constructed from a thicker gauge of steel, how can you go wrong!

But oh, those Touareg's.... man, what a truck them things are, they were really thinking when they built that one.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

New 2003 Jetta GLX MSRP was $27K+ bought it for less than $22k!!

2004 Touareg sticker was $38K+ and was leased for $499 a month for 48 months (15K a year) with nothing down. The dealer paid the sales tax and made the first 2 payments.

I cannot say good stuff enough about both cars (for the money).

Reply to
Pete LaFlamme

Wow, you go good deals on those, I must say!

replacement

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Right here in Richardson, Texas. Great dealership. First I leased a 1998 Audi A4 Avant, than a 2001 (new) GLX Passat Wagon and now these vehicles.

Cannot say enough good stuff about them.

Reply to
Pete LaFlamme

Sounds pretty good then. We have a really good dealer in town, they gave us a quote on that Golf CL at $21000 CND out the door. The dealer 20kms away quoted us at $22500. We are going to try to get some Monster mats for the fronts of this car and my car out of the deal.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

It's also the fastest of all the Golfs...less equipment = less weight = faster car!

- Pete

P.S.....What dealer gave you that quote?

competition

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Georgetown Autohaus

Where the company my dad (and where I used to) works for have bought over 10 VWs for personal or company use, so they claim it's a good deal.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

What dealer quoted you $22500?

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Nope...we don't get it.

Reply to
Matt B.

Huh? But it's only got the 2.0L?

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

True it does only have the 2.0L...but think of all the equipment that it doesn't have...no centre armrest, no power windows or locks, no cd player, no A/C, no height adjustable passenger seat. So all in all, while there is not alot that is missing from the CL, it still would be slightly quicker off the line. I have driven a base, base, base CL...no A/C or Automatic and it was noticeably quicker than the Golf GLS 5-speed.

- Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Reply to