oil filter

we bought a 2007 jetta and we have not replaced the oil and filter on this car. We bought the oil filter filament but not sure where the oil filter housing. Where is the housing for the oil filter? Any special tools to replace the filter? Any special direction on removing the filter? What is the torque specs on the bolt holding the canister?

Thank you jetta

Reply to
07jetta

usually the oil filter housing is attached to the engine possible close to the oil cooler.

is this a tdi not in the usa? or ??? but I am not sure which engine is in your Jetta!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Well knowing what engine you have would be helpful TDI (Diesel) or gas.

I would suggest picking up a service manual at the parts store.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
Jim Behning

Dave,

I forgot to say. the eng> usually the oil filter housing is attached to the engine possible close to=

Reply to
07jetta

you must remove the belly pan to get to the filter which is located on front of the block. And VW calls for synthetic oil and 5000mile oil change intervals.

I forgot to say. the eng> usually the oil filter housing is attached to the engine possible close to

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Just surfing the web yesterday and ran across a copy of the letter that I was supposed to get telling me that they changed the recommendations for my 1999 Passat 1.8T to synthetic oil and 5000 mile changes. (The owner's manual says nothing about synthetic, and changes are 7500 miles).

Had the oil pump replaced at 68K miles (covered it under warranty, no request for oil change documentation), oil light flickered on a couple of weeks ago just before I started a round of Auto-RX cleaner. Light hasn't come on since, hopefully the stuff works and I caught it in time...

Reply to
mikep7777