cannot change 106 (2002) oil filter

I can unscrew the casing but as this model for some reason is an injection system I am having trouble removing the filter insert to replace. Have Haynes Manual but this only shows usual health and saftey reg canister and does not show new model filter.

Does any one know how to get the oil filter out of casing? and then how to replace the new filter?

Reply to
Phil Thompson

Best to put on a pair of latex gloves, grip the element and pull----hard!! It usually comes out with the outer casing, but occasionally sticks in the bowl. Note the extended part that fits into the bowl on the car. make sure you put the filter into the screw casing with the extended part facing out. (I don't actually think you can put it the other way round!) Then renew the O ring on the casing, and refit it to the bowl. Just tighten "enough". It's only plastic!!

Reply to
Nigel

Thankyou very much dont know why I couldnt find it anywhere else. My car will once again purr like a kitten

Reply to
Phil Thompson