Road noise in the new 2006 Passat

I took a new Passat 2.0T out for a test drive while I was having our

2002 Passat 1.8T serviced at the dealer the week before last. It had a tighter feel and more get up and go, but I was shocked at the road noise. It was like riding in our old Taurus on a tar and chip road. I couldn't believe it how bad it was. It was like the factory forgot to install sound insulation in the rear of the car. After our car was finished, I took it over the same roads and there was no question that the 2002 Passat was MUCH quieter than the new car. Has anyone else had the same impression?

Bill

78 Rabbit...10/77 - 4/02 82 Convertibles(s)...since 93 95 Golf GL...since 11/99 02 Passat 1.8T Tip GLS...since 4/02
Reply to
William Maslin

Front suspension is different. The new passat no longer uses the multi link suspension. But I would be wondering if the tire psi was incorrect... too much and it's a noisy ride.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Reply to
Rob Guenther

But the sound seemed to be coming from the rear of the car. Next time I go (and it will be soon since they didn't fix the cold start problem), maybe I'll take a tire guage along and try another ride.

Bill

Reply to
William Maslin