Passat front door catches

Hi,

I have intermittent problems with both front doors on my 99 passat. when you close them they don't latch, hence don't close. if you fiddle around a lot with opening & locking & slamming etc they eventually do close. any ideas on how to fix?

thanks,

Sky

Reply to
SkyCatcher

Replace the latches!

Reply to
Woodchuck

are they freezing? Try liberally adding white lithium grease into the latch. There should be a hole at the bottom of the latch, or use the other openings, too. You will probably need to remove the plastic cover.

Reply to
TREE

Reply to
SkyCatcher