Problem with Jetta Wolfburg 98.

I've got a problem with my Wolfsburg. Its a 98, with

187,000 kms. I take good care of it, give it its schedule maintenance etc. At start-up, it performs flawlessly, but after 10 or so minutes when the engine starts to warm up, a problem with the auto transmission develops and it has a hard time to shift upwards, ie, the RPM can hit 4 before it shifts if at all. When this occurs, the trans tends to be more sensitive and shifts down more frequently. This particular happens when I'm following slow bumper to bumper traffic in the city, or while driving with the AC on (in the city) where I stop and go every 50 yards or so. Also when this happens, the car feels heavier, and the brake pedal becomes harder/tighter. Besides this being a bitch on gas, I'm really concerned about the engine as it seems its about to blow when I'm driving with a high RPM because she won't shift up.. any suggestions, advice ?

tia,

-der in mtl

Reply to
lawdogjr