problems with jetta 2001-2002

Hi, i have driven an integra (1995) for the past 5 years and now i want another car. my top choice is jetta 2001 or 2002 however i have been hearing that VW give lot of trouble especially electric problems. i really like the way jetta's drive and feels so it would be great if someone can tell me from first hand experience whether they would recommend that i buy jetta or not and whether they have experience any problems. does maintainance of jetta cost a lot? i am in canada thanks

Reply to
les_ander

Hi there, I see you haven't been answered... I'll give you one. If you stay away from auto transmissions, electric options, and fancy engines you ought to have a sporting chance. The more basic the more reliable. Your milage may vary.

les snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
IR

auto transmissions, maybe in the old days pre 1998, but since then I have replaced very few.

Reply to
Woodchuck