Q.: '89 Jetta surges at full throttle

'89 Jetta, gas, 5-spd. If I'm at about 2k RPM and gun it, the car surges at about 3.5k RPM. Problem with the throttle switch on the intake? If so, how do I check it out? Is replacement straight-forward?

TIA! Darryl.

Reply to
Darryl

Yes, but let me reword the original post (I've done some experimenting over the past week)...

*IF* I hold the RPMs steady at 3.5k, the car surges after about 3/4 of a second. Just imagine you're cruising, holding a constant speed and all of a sudden, you're off. It's unexpected, unpleasant and a new problem.

!?

Reply to
Darryl