Rabbit Convertible-What's it worth?

1982 Karmen Edition. Needs work but body is basically rust free. Hasn't been ran for a couple of years -needs interior work and has been molested with the addition of a larger VW 4 cyl.- seems to smoke a bit and the installation looks incomplete. Needs a paint job, tires as well. Top is good. What's it worth? I'm looking to buy this thing but I am not a VW guy.
Reply to
Jovfive

It depends some on where you are.

You might do a look on something like eBay to gage similar sales.

I can tell you it's worth what the other guy will pay for it, so you might find the right person or not.

It'll help to get some pix up on the web somewhere.

TBerk

I'd say not much... but then it all depends on where you live and what you are willing to pay... I bought a triple black 87 cabriolet that ran so so for $1100... a year later I bought a nicer, near restored (mechanically) triple white 87 cabriolet for $350 (just needed work on reverse)... I think the latter of the two was a better deal... then again I saw the receipts of several THOUSAND $$$ on it as well...

Only benefit of the 82 I see over the 87's is the spare tire being a full size in the 82... maybe $500???

Reply to
VWGirl