rack and pinion

My '87 Golf has been diagnosed as having R&P damage (sticks on turns and clunks when steering wheel is turned while stationary) I have told this is not worth fixing as it is too expensive ...Iam wondering just how difficult it is to exchange the R&P ...

thanks

Michael

Reply to
limehand

Jim Behning

I think the hardest part is working those hydraulic lines off and on without breaking them.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1